Friday, March 28, 2008

heaven or hell... the story

OK so yes, maybe I did say there was a story behind the name. However, I never said it was a good story.
Admittedly I'm not a good maker-uper of names, titles, etc. So when I was registering the team I just went with the first thing that came to mind. It plays in a few different ways... you see...

Location:

A handful of us are originally from and/or live in Utah which some (Utahns who have never lived outside of Utah) would consider Heaven. Also, the race is IN Utah. Another handful of us are from and/or live in Las Vegas, aka Sin City. That would be the Hell part of it (seriously have you ever BEEN to Vegas in the summer?). Alternatively, there are some (non-native Utahns) who would say Utah is Hell. I'm not going to agree or disagree with that.

The Race Itself:

I can go ahead and guarantee y'all that we're not going to win this race. Sorry if I'm dashing anyone's dreams here. Many of us have already admitted to our lack of training, fear of dying, etc. On one hand, running 15-18 miles (ranging in difficulty), not sleeping and being crammed into a van with 5 other people pretty much sounds like Hell. However, as Katie said, this race is UBER-FUN! Or so I've been told by every single person who I've ever talked to who has done it. Kickin' it with5 of your best friends (or future best friends) for 2 days on the ultimate road trip. Heaven? Yes indeed!

I think I had some other thoughts but I can't remember them right now.
I think we need to make team t-shirts! Mojica- wanna design them?
<-- by the way, this is the 1st image that came up when I googled the word "hell". I just thought it was funny. I don't know what it is but I want one! Good thing it will be available in a few days!

1 comment:

cropstar said...

i just remembered that the other reason i chose this name is because i really like the word hell. hell. HELL! yeah... it's a good word.