Friday, March 28, 2008

I just might die!!!

I thought I'd follow suit with the uber expressive blog titles (I love abusing the exclamation point!!).

I think I'm absolutely insane for agreeing to run this thing, I really think I might die. I've kind of started training...well on the days I don't eat my weight in buffalo wings or banana ice cream, anway. I think I'm supposed to be up to 12 miles on my long runs, but that isn't happening. I think I'll wait until after my next race (next Sunday) to start real training.

Mojoman085, there are a few training programs on the official website that you can follow. One looks pretty easy with lots of rest days and relatively short runs and the other one, which I'm doing, is a running disaster, with the shortest run being 5 miles and only one rest day during the week. You can find them here. That should help you with your question about how much you should be running. You should check out runnersworld.com or find some runners forums for answers to your other questions. Chloe, whenever she joins, could probably direct you to some good websites. Personally, I just run without any regard to the effectiveness of my training, which is probably why my body is falling apart.

My mom is sending me an article about training for hills, which was written specifically with the Wasatch Back in mind, and I will share with you guys when I get it.

Thanks Christy for putting this all together, although I might be cursing you in the days, weeks and months to come (just fair warning). So I'm curious, what's the story behind our team name? Didn't you say there was one??

I'm way excited to get to know all of you, not to mention spend 36 hours in a van with 5 of you. Should be a blast!

No comments: