Thursday, April 24, 2008

my name is christy and i hate to run

Good call on the intros Anne. Hopefully everyone will join in.

So... I'm Christy. Feel free to call me Cropper or Cropstar.

<-- This is me. I'm ridiculous.

I hail from Orem UT but have lived in Las Vegas NV since 2000. I went to USU and now work as a structural engineer. Also, I served a mission in Madagascar. Boo-yah!

I love reading, rock band, photography (still learning), travelling, the Dodgers, music, dancing, meeting new people and looking in the mirror (hey, at least I'm honest about my vanity).

I am not a runner but I have been running for about a year. I hate it but I love it. See... the actual running part- hate it. But as soon as I finish my run THAT is when I get that RUNNERS HIGH and I feel awesome. Combine that with the fact that whenever I'm not running all I want to do is run and now I'm addicted! Plus, I love the running community. Never met a nicer, more supportive group of people. And it's been so awesome to watch myself go beyond what I thought were my limits. I also love getting a finishers medal. I wear it with pride for the entire day after a race.

I'd also like to say that I love you all and I'm so excited to do this race with everyone. Thanks for joining the team!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Christy, silly girl. You're a runner, accept it...embrace it!!! I'm right there with you on vain train. Maybe that's why we get along so well.

Thanks for putting this all together. I'm so excited!!