Wednesday, April 2, 2008

just a random thought...

So I went and had a computer installed on my bike today, which really is nothing more than a glorified odometer, but it inspired some random thinking on my part. What if we could have odometers installed on us? I really wonder how many miles I have on me! How often would I need a tune up? For example this morning I ran 5 miles, then after work I rode my bike 22 miles and I just got back from swimming what I would guess would be somewhere around a mile and a half, so that's a good 28.5 miles just for today, not to mention all the walking I did while working, running errands, etc. Really I think this may be one of the questions I have for God, how many miles have I got on ME? Think about how many collective miles our team would have in the next 78 days we have to train. CRAZY!!

2 comments:

cropstar said...

That is one reason I really love my Nike+ chip for my ipod. It's fun to keep track of how many miles I've run. I'm keeping a log of my running miles for this year. I'm aiming for 750 totall for the year.

But you do make a very interesting point- what about all the other miles?? I'm curious!

Also- YOU ARE AWESOME!! I know you're training for a tri but that is amazing that you're doing all that in one day. I've got to get off my lazy butt!

The Lowder Family said...

None of you know me except Chloe, but I just wanted to say "Go Girls!!!!" You guys are awsome!
Triathalons are fantastic....I will never run a marathon again after doing a triathalon! Good luck on the race, looks like you've got 5 days to go.